Physical and mental health



If you are struggling with paying for regular prescriptions, you can apply for a prescription prepayment certificate (PPC), which could save you money.  

Find out more about PPCs.

NHS Low Income Scheme

Get support with health need costs if you are on a low income.

Support for mental health

If you are struggling with your mental health, help is out there. Speak to your GP if you are experiencing mental illness or mental health problems.

Read tips on how to cope with everyday pressures.

Get free counselling

If you are struggling with your mental health you may be able to get free counselling at Bromley, Lewisham & Greenwich Mind. 

Get free counselling from Mind. 

You can also get mental health support from the Samaritans.

Domestic abuse

The Greenwich Domestic Violence and Abuse Service (GDVA) 

If you are a victim of domestic abuse, free support is available through GDVA. Support can also be provided to perpetrators that need help stopping abusive behaviour. 

Call the advice line on 020 8317 8273 (Monday to Friday 9.00am - 6.00pm) for support. 

In an emergency, always call 999. 

Get help now.

Her Centre 

If you are a survivor of gender-based violence you can get free and confidential counselling, advice and training from the Her Centre. 

Get help where you need it.

Stop smoking

If you are on a budget, you should try to quit smoking.  

Call the Live Well Greenwich Stop Smoking Service free on 0800 470 4831 or texting 'QUIT' to 60060 

Get help to quit smoking.

Stop drinking

If you are struggling with drinking too much you can get support to cut down your alcohol use. 

For more information on alcohol awareness help and support visit: or call the Westminster Drug Project line on 0300 303 4552.