Ways to support yourself
London Living Wage
Do you get paid below London Living Wage, or are you ready to become Living Wage Employer? Get accredited today with the Living Wage Foundation. We will cover three years' worth of accreditation. Read on to find out how to to 1) get accredited, 2) sign up for the grant.
Speak to your manager about the scheme, or sign up if you're a business owner.
Reducing food waste
LoveFoodHateWaste is a website that shares recipes created from leftovers. Whatever you have in your fridge can be used rather than thrown away.
Help looking for a job
You can get help finding a new job, free careers advice and employment support and training through Greenwich Local Labour and Business (GLLaB).
Add yourself to the priority list for water, electricity and gas
If you or someone you know needs a little extra support, they can be added to the Priority Services Register for water, electricity and gas. You are eligible if you:
- have reached state pension age
- are disabled or have a long-term medical condition/recovering from an injury
- have a mental health condition
- are pregnant or have young children
- have extra communication needs (such as if you don’t speak or read English well)
- need to use medical equipment that requires a power supply
- would struggle to answer the door or get help in an emergency
For electricity and gas, contact your current energy supplier; details will appear on a recent letter or communication you have had with them.