Skip to main content

Advice on benefits, tax credits and grants

The Welfare Rights Service advises Royal Greenwich residents on tax credits and benefits, including Universal Credit.

You can find advice and information on a range of benefits and other forms of financial support on our benefits pages and in our benefits factsheets. You can also use our benefit calculator to check your entitlement to support.

Most tax credit and benefit claims are online, but we have a limited number of paper claim forms. Contact us to request these.

Contact the Welfare Rights Service

Call 020 8921 6375 on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday, from 10am to 1pm. You can also use our contact form to send us an online query.

We attend the following advice outreach locations, available for drop in advice, excluding public holidays. Find out more about these sessions.

Housing Benefit or Council Tax support

If your enquiry is about the status of your Housing Benefit or Council Tax support claim, please contact the Advice and Benefits service.