Skip to main content

How to report hate crime

In an emergency call 999 to tell the police if you or somebody else is in immediate danger from something that is happening now. 

If it’s not an emergency, you can report it to the police: 

Find out more about what hate crime is on the Met Police website

You can also report hate crime to Stop Hate UK, a charity that provides independent and confidential support to people affected by hate crime. The service is available by phone and online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. 

Information about how to report hate crime translated into different languages

Other ways to report hate crime

If the hate crime you have experienced took place in or close to your home, or you believe any of your neighbours are involved, you can also report it to your landlord.

Council and housing association tenants

If you're a council tenant or leaseholder, you should report hate crime to your tenancy officer.

Report anti-social behaviour or hate crime on a housing estate.

If you're a housing association tenant, you should report the problem to your housing association.

Private tenants

If you are a private tenant or owner occupier, contact the Housing Aid Centre.

If you want to report harassment, contact the Anti-Social Behaviour team.

Housing associations

If you rent your home from a housing association, you should contact the association that manages the property.

Temporary accommodation

If you live in temporary accommodation managed by the Royal Borough of Greenwich, you should contact the Temporary Accommodation team.

Royal Borough of Greenwich services

If you experience racist, homophobic, transphobic or disability harassment whilst using council services, please report it immediately at the place where it happens.