Skip to main content

Emergencies and urgent incidents

In an emergency or at the time an incident is taking place you should always report anti-social behaviour to the police by calling 999.

Anti-social behaviour is a serious problem that can cause much distress and nuisance. The Royal Borough of Greenwich works with partners, such as the Metropolitan Police, to deal with the minority of residents who behave anti-socially.

Read more about anti-social behaviour on the Met Police website.

Anti-social and nuisance vehicles in parks

It is illegal to ride a moped or motorbike in our parks. Using vehicles in parks can result in prosecution for dangerous driving offences and a £1,000 fine.

We record and share information with the Metropolitan Police about nuisance vehicles. If you have relevant information or need to report non-urgent anti-social riding in parks, you can email our Parks, Open Spaces and Estates team at 

Police can be alerted to non-emergency incidents by calling 101 or direct messaging @MPSGreenwich on Twitter. In an emergency always contact 999.

Non-urgent incidents

Private residents

If it's an incident that has already happened and doesn't need an immediate response, call the national Police non-emergency number, 101.

You can report non-urgent incidents to the Anti-Social Behaviour Team at or on 020 8921 4411.

If it's an ongoing situation, keep a record of the events in a diary noting the dates, times, what you see or hear and how the behaviour affects you.

You can also report anti-social behaviour by contacting your local police Safer Neighbourhoods Team.

Council and housing association tenants

If you're a council tenant or leaseholder, you should report anti-social behaviour to your tenancy officer.

Report anti-social behaviour or hate crime on a housing estate.

If you're a housing association tenant, you should report the problem to your housing association.

Your privacy

When you report anti-social behaviour you can choose to withhold your name or personal details, although doing so may prevent an effective investigation and resolution to your complaint, and it will mean that we cannot give you information about action taken.

What happens next

We'll identify the agency or department best placed to deal with the problem and contact you to obtain more information.

If the Anti-Social Behaviour Team deals with the case, we'll give you the name of the lead officer who'll get in touch with you and investigate the case. We'll also discuss all possible action with you and keep you updated on progress.

Download the service standards for our anti-social behaviour response

Further steps

Depending on the nature of the problem, we may also:

  • ask you to keep a record of events
  • put you in touch with other services that can help, including the police
  • arrange for you to receive our witness support service
  • ask you to provide a statement (in some cases this can be without identifying you).

These measures will only be taken with your full consent. However, to be successful in tackling anti-social behaviour, we'll need your help and co-operation.