Your views are important to us
If you have contacted the Royal Borough of Greenwich about an issue and you aren't happy with the way it was handled, you can make a formal complaint.
How your complaint will be handled
When you make a formal complaint, we will send you an acknowledgement within five working days.
Your complaint will be investigated by a senior manager, who will respond to you within 15 working days.
If you remain dissatisfied, your complaint will be reviewed by a more senior manager. You may be asked for more information. We will respond to you within 20 working days.
Additional complaints processes
For some services, there are different complaints processes.
- Adult social care
- Children's Services
- Appealing parking fines
- Planning application appeals
- Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support appeals
- Freedom of information responses
- School admissions appeals
- Complaints about schools: Schools have their own complaints procedures. If you have a complaint about a school or a member of school staff, you should contact the headteacher. If you are still unhappy you can complain to the school's governing body. The school will explain the procedure to you.
Taking your complaint further
If you are still not satisfied with our response, you can contact an ombudsman, which investigates complaints about local councils. These services are independent, impartial and free.
The ombudsman will normally only consider your complaint after you have given us the opportunity to resolve matters for you.
- For complaints from council tenants relating to housing visit the Housing Ombudsman Service website.
- For complaints relating to homelessness or any other matter please visit the Local Government Ombudsman website.
Resolving a problem
If you haven't contacted the Council yet, the quickest ways to resolve a problem with a service are to:
- use our 'Report a problem' service
- contact the service directly
- telephone customer services on 020 8854 8888
- visit us in person at our Woolwich or Eltham service centres.
We record information and use the feedback to help improve our services.