Transfer an existing premises licence

This page is about transferring a premises licence.

When you can transfer a licence

You must transfer a premises licence into your name or business if you buy a premises that already holds a premises licence.

Please note - If the premises sells alcohol, you must also change the designated premises supervisor (DPS) if the existing DPS won't work at the premises after the transfer.

How to transfer a licence

You can submit your application and pay your application fee electronically.

Download and complete a form to transfer a premises licence.

Download the form to transfer a premises licence (Gov.UK)

You also need to upload:

What happens next

The police have 14 days to make an objection to the application.

If the police don't object, the application will be granted. If the police do object, the application will be considered at a hearing by the Licensing Sub-Committee.