Change a Designated Premises Supervisor

This page is about changing a designated premises supervisor (DPS).

When you need to change a DPS

You must change a DPS when your DPS:

  • no longer works at the premises
  • has had their personal licence suspended.

How to change a DPS

You need to download and complete an application form to change a DPS.

Download the form to change a DPS (Gov.UK)

You will also need to submit a signed consent form of the designated premises supervisor and a scan of your old licence (or explanation of why you can't send it).

You can submit the form and pay the application fee of £23 electronically.

Please note - You must notify your existing DPS if you have one immediately when:

  • you apply to change a DPS
  • your application to change a DPS is granted.

You could face a fine of £1,000 if you don't notify them.

What happens next

The police have 14 days to make an objection to the application.

If the police don't object, the application will be granted. If the police do object, the application will be considered at a hearing by the Licensing Sub-Committee.