Visitor parking permits for residents and businesses

Residents and businesses eligible to buy permits in a controlled parking zone can buy visitor vouchers by phone, post or in person at The Woolwich Centre or The Eltham Centre. You can buy vouchers for four hours or a full day, in booklets of five or ten.

If applying in person you'll need to provide a proof of address dated within the last three months:

  • public utility bill (gas, electric, phone)
  • council tax statement
  • bank or building society statement.
  • tenancy agreement
  • solicitors letter confirming completion of purchase for new residents.

To apply by post, return the relevant form with your supporting documents to the address stated in the form. There's a different parking permits system for council estates.

Cost of visitor parking vouchers

Enter your postcode to find out how much a visitor parking permit costs in your parking zone. Note that not all addresses in the area are entitled to a permit. 

How to pay

To pay by credit or debit card, call Parking Services or visit one of our customer contact centres in person. You can also pay by cheque if you are applying in person or if you're sending your form to us by post.

Temporary permits

Existing permit holders can apply for temporary parking permits. You may wish to apply for a temporary parking permit, for example, if you're using a courtesy vehicle while your usual vehicle is being serviced. A temporary permit costs £8 for two weeks.

Download temporary parking permit application form

Courtesy vehicles

If you are given a courtesy car or a hire car while your own vehicle is being serviced or repaired, you have three options:

  1. Bring your permit to either of our customer service centres, with documents identifying you, the resident, as the driver of the hired/loaned vehicle. We'll add the registration number of your courtesy car to your existing permit.
  2. Buy a temporary permit by completing and returning the temporary permit application form. Provide evidence, identifying you, the resident, as the driver of the hired/loaned vehicle. Until you receive your temporary permit, you'll need to make alternative parking arrangements.
  3. Display visitor vouchers in the courtesy or hire car.

If you are unsure which option is best for you please contact Parking Services for advice.

Guidance notes

More information about parking permits including answers to frequently asked questions is available in the guidance notes.

Download parking permit guidance notes