Hazardous household waste
You need to contact the City of London to arrange for a collection of your hazardous household waste. You can't take hazardous waste to the Reuse and Recycling Centre or put it in your wheelie bin.
Hazardous household waste includes items such as:
- antifreeze, white spirit, adhesives, mastic, petrol and diesel
- bleach, ammonia and drain cleaners
- household cleaning products and toilet cleaners
- garden chemicals, pesticides and weed killers
- tablets and medicines (but not clinical waste)
- oil-based and water-based paints.
This service is free of charge.
There is a limit to the weight, number and type of collections for each household:
- 50kg maximum weight per collection
- a maximum of three collections per year
- no pressurised containers.
Hazardous trade waste
If you're a business and you need to dispose of chemicals and paints, contact the City of London Hazardous Waste Collection team.