You need to book a collection the City of London to get rid of hazardous waste. You do not have to pay for the collection.
Do not take it to the Re-use and Recycling Centre or put it in your bins.
Hazardous household waste includes items such as:
- Antifreeze, white spirit, adhesives, mastic, petrol and diesel
- Bleach, ammonia and drain cleaners
- Household cleaning products and toilet cleaners
- Garden chemicals, pesticides and weed killers
A household can only book:
- a collection of up to 50kg of waste
- up to 3 collections a year
Get rid of hazardous trade waste
If you're a business, contact the City of London Hazardous Waste Collection team to get rid of chemicals and paints.