Arrange a collection
You can arrange for us to remove bulky items of household waste using our special collection service.
If you live in a private block of flats, you should contact your managing agent first as they may have a system in place for collection.
How much it costs
There's a standard charge of £10 per item.
We define one item as something that is naturally bought as a set, such as:
- bedstead (or divan) with mattress
- a dining table with up to six chairs.
Make a collection appointment
Call Street Services to arrange an appointment for collection.
You'll need to provide:
- your name, address and telephone number
- details of the items to be collected
- payment details (credit card or debit card).
If your items are suitable for reuse, let us know at the time of booking. We work with the homeless charity Emmaus Greenwich, who rely on donations of good quality furniture and household goods.
What to do on collection day
Make sure you:
- only put out the items that you have booked for collection
- put the items at the front of your property by 6am on appointment day
- don't obstruct the pavement or street.
We'll only collect items that are listed for collection and that the collection crew can get to.
If your items aren't collected on appointment day, inform Street Services immediately.
Cancel a collection appointment
Call Street Services to cancel an appointment.
To receive a refund, collections need to be cancelled at least 48 hours before the appointment date.