You need to book an appointment for a bulky waste collection.
What to do on collection day
If you have an appointment booked:
- only put out the items that you have booked for collection
- put the items at the front of your property by 6am on appointment day
- do not obstruct the pavement or street
We'll only collect items that you have listed for collection and that the collection crew can get to.
If you live on a council estate, please bring the items to the ground level and put them by the bins outside.
Cancel a collection appointment
Call 020 8921 4661 to cancel an appointment.
To get a refund, you must cancel at least 48 hours before your appointment.
What we collect
Items that come together, like a sofa set or table and chairs, are considered one item.
We collect items like those in this list for a fixed fee of £11.15 each:
- domestic household boilers
- bed frames, bed bases and mattresses
- fencing - £11.15 per panel
- electrical items like fridges and freezers (empty), TVs, washing machines and hoovers
You need to bag up items like:
- carpet (cut up so it can fit in the bags)
This is so that one person can easily carry them.
Please use strong bags that are no bigger than a standard rubble sack.
It costs £3.43 per bag and there is a minimum charge of £11.15 (4 bags). We will collect up to ten bags per booking.
What we do not collect
For more advice about hazardous waste collections, please call 020 8921 4661.
Other ways to get rid of large items
To get rid of other large items you can:
- take them to the Re-use and Recycling Centre
- take them to our RePurpose shop in Magpie Lane (next to the Re-use and Recycling Centre)
- hire a skip
- pay another licensed waste carrier to dispose of the goods
- donate good quality items through a charity or reuse network