Arrange a collection
The bulky waste service is for items that are too large to go in your bin or bags with your rubbish.
If you live in a private block of flats, you should contact your managing agent first as they may have a system in place for collection.
If you put rubbish out without booking a collection, you could be fined for fly-tipping.
How much it costs
There's a standard charge of £10 per item.
We define one item as something that is naturally bought as a set, such as:
- bedstead (or divan) with mattress
- a dining table with up to six chairs.
Book a collection
Call 020 8921 4661 to arrange an appointment for collection.
You'll need to provide:
- your name, address and telephone number
- details of the items to be collected
- payment details (credit card or debit card).
If your items are suitable for reuse, let us know at the time of booking. We work with the homeless charity Emmaus Greenwich, who rely on donations of good quality furniture and household goods.
What to do on collection day
Make sure you:
- only put out the items that you have booked for collection
- put the items at the front of your property by 6am on appointment day
- do not obstruct the pavement or street.
We'll only collect items that are listed for collection and that the collection crew can get to.
If you live on a council estate, you will need to bring the items to the ground level and place them outside by the bins. Please speak to us if you are disabled or elderly and need help with this.
Cancel a collection appointment
Call 020 8921 4661 to cancel an appointment.
To receive a refund, collections need to be cancelled at least 48 hours before the appointment date.