Arrange a collection
The bulky waste collection service is for large household items that cannot fit into your bin or rubbish bags, like furniture or large appliances.
If you live in a private block of flats, you should contact your managing agent first as they may have a system in place for collection.
If you put rubbish out without booking a collection, you could be fined for fly-tipping.
How much it costs
There's a standard charge of £10.51 per item. If you are a council tenant, this fee may be covered by your service charge.
We define one item as something that is naturally bought as a set, such as:
- a bedstead or divan bed with mattress
- a dining table with up to six chairs
See more about what we will and will not collect.
Book a collection
Due to the current pandemic, this service had to be suspended, but we are now able to offer a very reduced service with a limited number of appointments available each week.
We’ve had to make some changes which means there is:
- a limit of 5 items per collection. If more than 5 items are placed out, we will not pick them up
- no quotation facility. Only items on our standard list can be booked in - please call us for more details
- only one booking per household allowed. Once you’ve booked an appointment with us, you will not be able to book another appointment for the next 8 weeks. This is to free up more appointments to other residents
Call 020 8921 4661 to arrange an appointment for collection.
You'll need to provide:
- your name, address and telephone number
- details of the items to be collected
- credit or debit card details
We will do our very best to run this service, but please be aware that if our staffing levels change, we reserve the right to stop this service without notice. All booked appointments will be fulfilled.
What to do on collection day
Make sure you:
- only put out the items that you have booked for collection
- put the items at the front of your property by 6am on appointment day
- do not obstruct the pavement or street
We'll only collect items that are listed for collection and that the collection crew can get to.
If you live on a council estate, you will need to bring the items to the ground level and place them outside by the bins.
Cancel a collection appointment
Call 020 8921 4661 to cancel an appointment.
To receive a refund, collections need to be cancelled at least 48 hours before the appointment date.