Dispose of household waste
The Royal Borough of Greenwich operates a Reuse and Recycling Centre for the disposal of household waste for our residents.
Access to the site is:
- free if you are a Royal Greenwich resident and produce a valid driving licence or council tax bill
- £10 per visit if you are a Royal Greenwich resident and do not produce a valid driving licence or council tax bill
London SE28 0AF
- Monday to Friday: 8am to 6.30pm
- Saturdays: 8am to 5pm
- Sundays (and bank holidays): 9am to 4.30pm
- We are closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day.
Important notice: We will not tolerate any verbal of physical abuse towards our staff and contractors. Any reports of abuse will be taken very seriously and dealt with accordingly.
You must enter the site in a vehicle. If you are walking to the site and have material to dispose of, approach a member of staff who will dispose of your items for you.
When you visit the Reuse and Recycle Centre make sure you:
- No items or materials can be removed from the site at any time
- Animals are not permitted to leave vehicles
- Children are not permitted to leave vehicles
- Pedestrians are not permitted to walk into the site. If you are walking to the site and have material to dispose of, approach a member of staff who will dispose of your items for you
- No smoking on site
- The transfer of material from a van to a car is not permitted. This load is classed as 'trade' and you will be refused entry.
The Reuse and Recycle Centre is for the disposal of household waste only - we will not accept any commercial waste.
If we suspect you of carrying trade waste, we will ask you to fill out a Declaration of Household waste form each time you enter the site. We will deny you entry if you refuse to complete the form.
If we determine that you are a frequent user of the site, you may be requested to show proof of your property and the source of the waste to a member of our Enforcement Team to ensure it is not commercial waste.
We consider the following commercial vehicles, and will not allow access into the site:
- Vans (including hired vans)
- Pick-up trucks
- Vehicles that don't have windows in all panels
- Mini buses
- Trailers towed by vehicles that have more than one axle or a load length of more than 1.5 metres (1500mm).
You must deposit waste at a licensed waste management facility. Veolia operates a chargeable trade waste facility on behalf of the Council on the site next door.