Dispose of household waste
The Royal Borough of Greenwich operates a Reuse and Recycling Centre for the disposal of household waste for our residents.
Access to the site is:
- free if you are a Royal Greenwich resident and produce a valid driving licence or council tax bill
- £10 per visit if you are a Royal Greenwich resident and do not produce a valid driving licence or council tax bill
London SE28 0AF
- Monday to Friday: 8am to 6.30pm
- Saturdays: 8am to 5pm
- Sundays (and bank holidays): 9am to 4.30pm
- We are closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day.
You must enter the site in a vehicle. If you are walking to the site and have material to dispose of, approach a member of staff who will dispose of your items for you.
When you visit the Reuse and Recycle Centre make sure you:
- No items or materials can be removed from the site at any time
- Animals are not permitted to leave vehicles
- Children are not permitted to leave vehicles
- Pedestrians are not permitted to walk into the site. If you are walking to the site and have material to dispose of, approach a member of staff who will dispose of your items for you
- No smoking on site
- The transfer of material from a van to a car is not permitted. This load is classed as 'trade' and you will be refused entry.
The Reuse and Recycle Centre is for the disposal of household waste only - we will not accept any commercial waste.
If we suspect you of carrying trade waste, we will ask you to fill out a Declaration of Household waste form each time you enter the site. We will deny you entry if you refuse to complete the form.
If we determine that you are a frequent user of the site, you may be requested to show proof of your property and the source of the waste to a member of our Enforcement Team to ensure it is not commercial waste.
We consider the following commercial vehicles, and will not allow access into the site:
- Vans (including hired vans)
- Pick-up trucks
- Vehicles that don't have windows in all panels
- Mini buses
- Trailers towed by vehicles that have more than one axle or a load length of more than 1.5 metres (1500mm).
You must deposit waste at a licensed waste management facility. Veolia operates a chargeable trade waste facility on behalf of the Council on the site next door.