Dispose of household waste
Service update 3 September
From the 1 September 2020 normal access to the Re-use and Recycling Centre will resume. This means that you do not need to book an appointment to attend.
To help maintain the safety of the site, it will close to be sanitised for one hour every day from 11.30am to 12.30pm. Please do not attend at this time as there will be no access permitted and queuing is not allowed.
You will be turned away if you are queuing when the site needs to close.
Monday to Friday: 8am to 11.30am then 12.30pm to 6.30pm
Saturdays: 8am to 11.30am then 12.00pm to 5pm
Sundays (and bank holidays): 9am to 11.30am then 12.30pm to 4.30pm
We are closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day.
Our busiest times are between 11am – 3pm, please avoid these times if you can.
Access to the site is:
- free if you are a Royal Greenwich resident and produce a valid driving license or Council tax bill
- £10 if you are a Royal Greenwich resident and do not produce a valid driving license or Council Tax bill.
Before you visit
Anyone in self-isolation or with COVID-19 symptoms must not visit the Re-use and Recycling Centre under any circumstances.
Any waste from a household where someone has had COVID-19 symptoms must be double bagged and not brought to the site until 72 hours after the symptoms have stopped.
Make sure you know what you can and cannot take to the centre.
To be granted access to the site, you must bring proof of address, either a valid driving licence or council tax bill.
When disposing of your waste
Social distancing must be adhered to at all times and you must be able to remove and deposit the items without the assistance of staff.
Please respect our staff, they are doing an important job in difficult circumstances. We will not tolerate any verbal or physical abuse towards our staff and contractors. Any reports of abuse will be taken very seriously and dealt with accordingly.
- No items or materials can be removed from the site at any time
- Animals must stay in vehicles at all times
- Children must stay in vehicles at all times
- No smoking is allowed on site
- The transfer of material from a van to a car is not permitted. This load is classed as trade and you will be refused entry
Trade waste restrictions
The Re-use and Recycling Centre is for the disposal of household waste only - we will not accept any trade waste.
If we suspect you of carrying trade waste, we will ask you to fill out a Declaration of Household waste form each time you enter the site. We will deny you entry if you refuse to complete the form.
If we determine that you are a frequent user of the site, you may be requested to show proof of your property and the source of the waste to a member of our Enforcement Team to ensure it is not trade waste.
You must deposit waste at a licensed waste management facility. Veolia operates a chargeable trade waste facility on behalf of the Council on the site next door.
Commercial vehicle restrictions
We consider the following to be commercial vehicles, and will not allow access into the site:
- vans (including hired vans)
- pick-up trucks
- vehicles that do not have windows in all panels
- mini buses
- trailers towed by vehicles that have more than one axle or a load length of more than 1.5 metres (1500mm)
How to find usRe-use and Recycling Centre
London SE28 0AF