Parking enforcement

Parking enforcement in Royal Greenwich is operating as normal. 

Penalty Charge Notices (PCNs) will continue to be issued to vehicles parked illegally. Our enforcement officers will continue to advise motorists where they can park.

We will continue to recognise the London Health Emergency Badge (HEB) temporary permits issued by the NHS to their healthcare and other key workers while that system is in place.   

It is not acceptable to abuse council staff and any reports of this kind will be taken very seriously. 

Parking permit rules

Permit rules are still being enforced and residents should continue to apply for permits when they need to in the usual way. We will reassess this if we need to. 

We are exploring a new online permit application process, so keep checking the website for updates. 

Blue Badges and resident permits

Although we are processing Blue Badge and resident permit renewals and applications, we are unable to meet the normal timeframes. 

Blue badges 

You should submit new Blue Badge applications as normal and we will process them as quickly as possible. If your Blue Badge has expired, we will continue to recognise it as valid until your renewal has been processed.  

Resident permits 

You should renew your resident permit and pay online within fourteen days of your current permit expiry date, but we will continue to accept the expired permit as valid during that period. Applications for new permits should be made as normal. 

Vehicles without a valid permit or voucher will be issued with a PCN. Similarly, if we do not have a record that a permit has been applied for or paid for, we will issue a PCN. 

Council housing estate parking permits

Parking enforcement on estates is continuing as normal. If you have an out of date permit that has expired since 1 November 2020, please continue to display it clearly in your vehicle to avoid getting a ticket during lockdown. Please continue to check the Greenwich website for the latest information.

Find out more about parking on council estates.