Council tenants and leaseholders - give us your view
If you're a council tenant or leaseholder, we want you to help shape and improve our housing services. Tell us how to:
- improve and maintain the quality of homes (for example repairs or major works)
- help people feel safe at home and in their neighbourhoods
- keep homes affordable
- make sure the environment is clean and welcoming
- support to those in need in the community.
We'll get in touch to discuss how you would like to get involved and to find out your areas of interest.
Attend housing panels and meetings
The Royal Borough of Greenwich holds regular meetings and events for council tenants so they can get involved in the decisions that affect their homes and local community.
There are many ways you can get involved from joining your local housing panel or tenants' association to attending focus groups about particular issues.
Email the Housing Community Participation team to get our monthly listing of community events.
Help us test our housing services
The Royal Borough of Greenwich regularly tests its housing services with the help of 'housing mystery shoppers' who are tenants or leaseholders of the borough.
Participants test key areas of housing services and then fill in a survey. The testing may be online, by phone or by visiting the council. Shoppers get a voucher as a thank you for their time and effort.
Start a tenants' association
A tenants' association is a group of local residents who come together from a neighbourhood, an estate, a block or a community with a common purpose.
For more information on how to start your own tenants' association contact the Housing Community Participation team.
Participate in an estate inspection
The Royal Borough of Greenwich regularly inspects selected council estates to spot problems.
Sign up to our monthly events listing to be notified of inspections - email the Housing Community Participation team.
YourVIEW prize draw
Between 1 March and 31 May 2019 every time a YourVIEW member attends an event organised by us, or responds to our online reading group they will be entered into a prize draw to win a £25 Sainsbury’s gift card.
Each time you attend an event you’ll be entered into the draw, so attend multiple events to increase your chances of winning! Not a YourVIEW member? Don’t worry, if you sign up and attend an event before 31 May 2019 you can still enter.
Prize draw rules:
- You must be a member of YourVIEW in order to enter
- You must complete an attendance sheet at an event, or respond to any email from the online reading group sent during the stated time period to be entered into the draw
- No alternatives to the prize will be offered.
- YourVIEW members can opt out of entering into the draw by emailing YourVIEW@royalgreenwich.gov.uk, and can decline the prize in which case another name will be drawn