Coronavirus COVID-19: Latest updates

Many council services are reduced or disrupted. Check our coronavirus page for the most up-to-date information. Read the latest and sign up for updates.

Change or replace a licence

If your address or personal details change, you need to notify the local council that issued your licence.

Please note - the Royal Borough of Greenwich can only deal with change requests for licences that it issued.

Write to the Licensing Team at the address above with:

  • your current full name and your previous full name - you need to provide proof, for example a passport or driving licence
  • your current full address and your previous full address
  • your old personal licence - both the card part and paper part
  • the administration fee
  • your daytime contact details.

If you want to change your photograph, you also need to send two passport photographs, one of which must be endorsed.

We may need to request further information. The police may also contact you to request further information.

You may also apply for a change to your license/ replacement license online.

If your licence is lost or stolen

The Royal Borough of Greenwich can replace a licence that's lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed so long as it issued the original one.

You need to write requesting a replacement and send:

  • the administration fee
  • an explanation of why you no longer have your personal licence including your full name, address and licence number if known.

Removing the expiry date

We automatically remove the expiry date when you make any change to your licence. If you want to get a copy of your licence without the expiry date, send a written request to replace your licence with the administration fee and your existing licence or an explanation as to why you can't return it.