Get a crossover marking

We are responsible for installing new markings on public roads and streets in Royal Greenwich which are not red routes and for maintaining existing markings on these roads.

If you would like an advisory road marking to encourage people not to park in front of a crossover, we will paint it for you.

What does it cost?

A charge is made to paint a new white line, known as an information bar, on the road in front of a crossover.

It costs £79 for a new line. A £125 inspection fee will be added to this if your crossover application was made more than 12 months ago.

There is no charge to reinstate existing lines.

How do I apply?

Anyone with a crossover can apply by email and telephone.

Where you want the line determines who you need to contact:

What happens next?

When you make a request, full details will be taken.

A Highways Inspector will visit the site and assess the request, taking into account a number of factors including the location and closeness to a road junction.

We'll let you know if the engineer approves the decision, and if approved, we'll ask for payment.

The work will be carried out only when we receive payment.