Get a crossover marking
We are responsible for installing new markings on public roads and streets in Royal Greenwich which are not red routes and for maintaining existing markings on these roads.
If you would like an advisory road marking to encourage people not to park in front of a crossover, we will paint it for you.
What does it cost?
A charge is made to paint a new white line, known as an information bar, on the road in front of a crossover.
It costs £57 for a new line.
There is no charge to reinstate existing lines.
How do I apply?
Anyone with a crossover can apply for the service by email, telephone or in writing.
Where you want the line determines who you need to contact:
- public street, road or highway - contact Highways
- council estate - contact Housing Services
- red route - contact Transport for London street management.
What happens next?
- When you make a request, full details will be taken.
- An engineer will visit the site and assess the request, taking into account a number of factors including the location and closeness to a road junction.
- You will then be notified of the engineer's decision.
- If approved, and you wish to have the information bar painted, payment will be requested.
- The work will be carried out only when the payment has cleared.