Your annual Council Tax bill is usually sent to you in March. You can pay your Council Tax in the following ways:
- in one payment
- in 10 month instalments - you are automatically put on 10 month instalments
- in 12 month instalments - apply to pay in 12 month instalments
Choose to pay your Council Tax from one of the following ways:
- online - you need the account reference from your bill to do this
- by Direct Debit
- by internet banking
- by telephone - call 0300 332 0202
- by post
- using a payment card.
You can pay your Council Tax on your bank's website using the following account details:
- account name: Royal Borough of Greenwich
- account number: 11464763
- sort code: 60-24-26
- bank name: National Westminster Bank PLC
You'll also need your account reference - you can find this on your bill.
Make cheques payable to 'Royal Borough of Greenwich' and write your account reference on the back of your cheque. Send your cheque to:Council Tax
The Woolwich Centre
35 Wellington Street
London SE18 6HQ
Using a payment card
You can use a payment card at any payment outlet in Royal Greenwich. Payment outlets are:
- Post Office counters - you can find your nearest branch on the Post Office website
- PayPoint outlets - you can find your nearest outlet on the Allpay website
You can pay in cash, debit card or by cheque (payable to Post Office Counters Ltd) at post office counters and in cash at PayPoint outlets.
Call 020 8921 4147 to get a payment card.
Trace a missing payment
Ask us to trace a missing Council Tax payment if you think you've made a payment and it's not showing on your account.