Skip to main content

Additional documents for Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support application

By law, we need to see evidence of some of the things you tell us about. Once you've submitted the form you will receive a list of all the proof we need from you. You will have one month to send this to us.

The quicker you supply the evidence requested, the quicker we can pay your claim.

You can provide evidence to us by:

  • uploading evidence with your online form (you can come back to do this after you have submitted your online form)
  • emailing evidence to Please include your claim reference number or temporary reference number in your email.
  • taking evidence to one of our offices and we can help you upload it to your claim.
  • sending evidence to us in the post to: Advice and Benefits Service, The Woolwich Centre, 35 Wellington Street, London SE18 6HQ.

We advise you not to send valuable documents to us through the post.

Additional Information

We may need additional information from you. If so, you will be asked to complete one of the additional forms.

Declaration of income

Complete this form if you have made a claim for Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Support and don’t have any income.

Or if you do not want to complete the online form, you can Download a declaration of income form instead.

BACS payment

If you want payments to be made directly into your bank account, or you want to change the details of where it's paid to, complete the tenant BACS form.

If you want payments to go directly to your landlord, complete the landlord BACS form.

Self-employed income form

Complete this form if you've made a claim and are self-employed.

Download a self-employed income form

Self-employed taxi driver information

Complete this if you've made a claim and are a self-employed taxi driver.

Download a taxi driver information form

Student information

Complete this form if you've made a claim and are a student.

Download a student information form

Discretionary Housing Payment Application

Complete this form if you would like to apply for a Discretionary Housing Payment. You need to be in receipt of Housing Benefit, or Universal Credit which includes the housing costs element.

Or if you do not want to complete the online form, you can download a Discretionary Housing Payment application form instead.