You can apply for a Discretionary Housing Payment through this form.

You need to be in receipt of Housing Benefit, or Universal Credit which includes the housing cost element, to be able to claim. If you are on Universal Credit, you will need to provide us evidence of your rent liability. A decision will be made on based on the information you provide in this form.

We recommend that you have the following information to hand to complete the form:

  •     Information regarding your income and outgoings
  •     A copy of your rent agreement

The form is quite long. To be able to save the form and return to it at a later date you will need to register and sign in. Alternatively, you can complete the form in one go and you do not need to register to do so.