Skip to main content

Hosting an event

The Royal Borough of Greenwich is committed to supporting events that enhance our vibrant and diverse communities. We welcome applications for community and commercial events. The council manages the following parks and open spaces, and town centre spaces.

See the list of parks and open spaces you can hold events in

Other locations include:

  • Blackheath Circus Field (commercial hire only)
  • Cutty Sark Gardens, Greenwich
  • Passey Place, Eltham
  • General Gordon Square, Woolwich 

If you would like to hold an event in one of these spaces, find out more and apply online

When you do not need approval

You do not need approval from the council to hold small social gatherings with up to 30 attendees. This includes picnics, as long as they are considerate to other park users and abide by park byelaws.

All park users must take rubbish away with them and/or dispose and recycle in the appropriate bins. Small social gatherings are not allowed to erect structures such as gazebos, have BBQs or set off fireworks in any of our open spaces as detailed in our park byelaws.

Areas not managed by the council

Some areas in Royal Greenwich are not managed by the council. This means you will need to contact the land managers directly to hold an event there. These areas include:

Events at other venues

Community centres

If you would like to hold an event in a community centre, please contact them to apply directly.

Sports venues

You can book a sports pitch, hire space for your sports team to play or run sports activities at:

Street parties

If you would like to hold a street party please register with at least eight weeks’ notice.

Register a street party

Trade at our markets

If you would like to trade in Royal Greenwich in one of our town centres, contact street trading.