Overview of regeneration in the Royal Borough
The Royal Borough of Greenwich has experienced an unprecedented programme of renewal and regeneration over the past 30 years, making it a world class environment to live, work, study and visit.
The Council has delivered internationally renowned, high quality schemes that have provided benefits to residents and investment to all parts of the borough.
Major successes to date have included:
- the designation of Greenwich Town Centre as a World Heritage Site
- the remediation and redevelopment of the Greenwich Peninsula
- the redevelopment of the Royal Arsenal at Woolwich
- the renovation of the Cutty Sark
- major new transport infrastructure including the DLR in Greenwich and Woolwich, and the Jubilee Line at North Greenwich.
Regeneration work is currently under way in:
Regeneration and transport
There is also significant development of the transport infrastructure in the Royal borough.