Grants and home improvement services for landlords

As a landlord you are responsible for keeping your property in good order for your tenants. There are several types of help that we may be able to offer to private landlords.

Grants to owners of empty properties

If you own a property in Royal Greenwich that is unoccupied you may be able to get help with repairs and improvements.

To be eligible you must be willing to either:

  • lease your property to us for a period of three years or
  • accept tenants we find for you and let the property in line with our Private Landlord Scheme for at least three years.

How much is available?

We can offer a grant of up to £15,000 for each house or flat.

Grants of up to £50,000 are also available for properties that are to be let as a HMO (House in Multiple Occupation).

Read the grants to owners of empty properties leaflet

How to apply

Complete our online enquiry form.

Apply for a private landlord home improvement grant

Handyperson service for landlords

Our Handyperson Service is available to landlords of properties within Royal Greenwich.

The Handyperson Service can carry out a range of minor repairs at subsidised cost.

You can use the service if you are a private landlord and have tenants in your property that have been nominated by the Royal Borough under our Royal Greenwich Landlord Scheme.

To apply, contact the Disability and Home Improvement team.

Read the Handyperson service for landlords leaflet