Request a council housing repair

Tenants can request repairs to their home and to communal areas. Communal areas include stairs and landings, door entry systems, communal lighting and drains, communal windows.

Leaseholders can request repairs to communal areas only.

Under your tenancy conditions, you're responsible for various repairs. Find out more about repairs that you're responsible for.

We may charge you for repairs to damage caused by your misuse or neglect, for example, if you lose your key or break a window. This is known as a rechargeable repair. Find out more about rechargeable council housing repairs.

Ways to request a repair

To make urgent requests, call the Council’s contact centre on:

  • 020 8921 8900, Monday to Thursday, 9am to 5:30pm, and Friday, 9am to 4:30pm
  • 020 8854 8888 at all other times

You should continue to use our online form to report non-urgent repairs.

If you're not sure if a repair counts as urgent or not, read pages 7 to 9 of the housing repairs guide.

What happens next

We'll give you an appointment and a job reference number.

You'll have at least 24 hours' notice of an appointment except in an emergency. You must allow our staff and contractors access to your property to carry out repairs.

Our workers wear a corporate uniform and carry Royal Borough of Greenwich ID. Companies working on our behalf may have their own identification, but we'll tell you to expect them.

If you're in any doubt about the identity of a worker, do not let them into your home and call us immediately on 020 8854 8888.

If you need to contact us regarding your repair, please call 0800 052 1183.

How long will my repair take?

We have target times for different types of repairs.

For more information on timescales, read pages 7 to 9 of the housing repairs guide.