Coronavirus COVID-19: Latest updates

Many council services are reduced or disrupted. Check our coronavirus page for the most up-to-date information. Read the latest and sign up for updates.

Request a council housing repair

Tenants can request repairs to their home and to communal areas. Communal areas include stairs and landings, door entry systems, communal lighting and drains, communal windows.

Leaseholders can request repairs to communal areas only.

Please note - under your tenancy conditions, you're responsible for various repairs. Find out more about repairs that you're responsible for.

Ways to request a repair

For non urgent repairs:

Request a council housing repair online

For urgent repairs, call:

If you're not sure if a repair counts as urgent or not, read the housing repairs guide (pages 7-9).

Please note - we may charge you for repairs to damage caused by your misuse or neglect, for example, if you lose your key or break a window. This is known as a rechargeable repair. Find out more about rechargeable council housing repairs.

What happens next

We'll give you an appointment and a job reference number.

You'll have at least 24 hours' notice of an appointment except in an emergency. You must allow our staff and contractors access to your property to carry out repairs.

Our workers wear a corporate uniform and carry Royal Borough of Greenwich ID. Companies working on our behalf may have their own identification, but we'll tell you to expect them.

If you're in any doubt about the identity of a worker, don't let them into your home and call us immediately on 020 8854 8888.

If you need to contact us regarding your repair, please call 0800 052 1183.

How long will my repair take?

We have target times for different types of repairs.

For more information on timescales, read the housing repairs guide (pages 7-9).