Tell us about a problem with your home as a tenant

If something in your home is damaged or not working, you can report a problem and ask us to come and repair it.

We can help you to repair things in your home or in communal areas. Communal areas include things like stairs and landings, door entry systems, or lighting, drains, doors and windows in shared spaces.

There are some things we can't help you to repair. Find out what we can and can't help you to repair before you report a problem to us.

Tell us about a problem

You can tell us about a problem in two ways: online or over the phone.

If your problem is not urgent, the easiest way to ask for a repair is by reporting your problem online. 

Report your problem online

If your problem is urgent, please call us so that we can help you as quickly as possible. Urgent problems are things like a leak that won't stop, or a total loss of electricity.

  • 020 8921 8900 Monday to Thursday, 9am to 5.30pm, and Friday, 9am to 4.30pm
  • 020 8854 8888 at all other times
  • 0808 175 6915 is a free phoneline for all new housing repairs, Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm.

If you're not sure whether your problem is urgent or not, you can look at some examples.

Repairs you may have to pay for

If the problem or damage was caused by you, we may charge you to repair it; for example, if you lose your key or break a window. These are called rechargeable repairs. Find out more about rechargeable council housing repairs.