Housing repair service

We are running a reduced housing repairs service until Wednesday 29 May due to industrial action. We will deal with emergencies as normal but may contact you to reschedule pre-booked appointments.

Temporary Use Notices

Temporary Use Notices (TUN) will allow use of premises for gambling where there is no premises licence, but where a gambling operator wants to use the premises temporarily for providing facilities for gambling.

Premises that might be suitable for a Temporary Use Notice would include hotels, conference centres, and sporting venues.

Who is eligible?

A Temporary Use Notice may only be granted to a person or company holding a relevant operating licence issued by the Gambling Commission. For example, the holder of a betting operating licence could apply to provide betting facilities at a snooker tournament.

The same set of premises may not be the subject of a Temporary Use Notice for more than 21 days in any 12-month period, but may be the subject of several notices, provided that the total does not exceed 21 days.

Should this period be exceeded, the The Royal Borough of Greenwich will issue a counter notice that has the effect of stopping the Temporary Use Notice coming into effect. Failure to comply with the counter notice will be an offence.