Gambling licence objectives and responsibilities
The Royal Borough of Greenwich, premises licence and permit holders, and other agencies all work to promote the three gambling licensing objectives.
- preventing gambling from being a source of crime or disorder, being associated with crime or disorder or being used to support crime
- ensuring that gambling is conducted in a fair and open way
- protecting children and other vulnerable persons from being harmed or exploited by gambling.
The Royal Borough of Greenwich undertakes various regulatory functions in relation to a number of gambling activities. We are responsible for:
- the issuing of premises licences for the provision of gambling activities
- the issuing of permits for unlicensed family entertainment centres, club gaming, club machines, licensed premises gaming machines and prize gaming
- the issuing of provisional statements
- the receiving and endorsing of temporary use notices
- the receiving of occasional use notices
- the registering of small lotteries.
Gambling Act 2005 Statement of Gambling Policy
Royal Borough of Greenwich
Revised Statement of Gambling Policy (Version 6)
Gambling Act 2005
Notice is given that the Royal Borough’s revised Statement of Gambling Policy (“the Policy”), issued under the Gambling Act 2005, was published on 31 January 2022 and shall come into force on 28 February 2022.
The Policy can be viewed and downloaded below or by contacting the Licensing Department.
The document can also be inspected by the public at all reasonable times, Monday to Friday at Woolwich Centre Library.