How to apply for help

If you need help adapting your home because of disability, please call the Initial Contact Officers within Adult Social Care.

Use the numbers shown to contact the appropriate team.

  • The initial contact officer will ask you some questions to see if you qualify for help. If you do, you will be placed on a waiting list for an occupational therapy assessment
  • If the occupational therapist then thinks that you need a major adaptation to your home, they will pass your details onto the Disability and Home Improvement Team
  • The initial contact officer will also give you advice on any other help you may be eligible for, including applying for a Disabled Facilities Grant