You can apply for a carer parking permit if you need a carer to visit you at your property.  

Carer permits are free and are valid for 12 months from the chosen start date. They are paper permits. 

Who can apply 

You can apply for a carer permit if you live in a controlled parking zone (CPZ) in the borough. You must keep the carer permit and give it to the carer to use when they visit.  

Carers cannot apply for a carer permit. 

Apply online 

You can apply for a new carer parking permit or renew an existing one online.  

You’ll need to create an online account if you do not already have one. 

Find out what type of account you need

Renew a carer permit 

If your carer permit is due to expire, you should apply for a renewal online.  

You can apply to renew your permit up to 30 days before your existing permit expires. We recommend you do this in good time in case we need to contact you about your application. 

You will not need to upload documents if you’ve done this within the last 3 months. 

Continue to use your existing permit and we will send your new permit to you as soon as possible. 

Renew a carer parking permit 

Apply for a new carer permit 

When you apply for a new carer permit, you’ll be asked to upload one document about where you live and one document about your care.  

What you need to apply 

You'll need one document that shows your name and address. This must be dated within the last 3 months, such as:   

  • a utility or council tax bill 
  • proof of any benefits or pensions you get  
  • a bank or building society statement  
  • a tenancy agreement or solicitors' letter with completion date if you’re a new resident  

You cannot use a driving licence as proof of address. 

You’ll also need one document to show proof of care, such as a: 

  • letter on headed paper from your care manager 
  • care contract
  • current Blue Badge issued in your name

Apply for a new carer parking permit 

What happens next 

We will check your application and send your new permit to you by post. If there is a problem with your application, we will contact you. 

If you cannot apply online, call our contact centre on 020 8921 4339.

Replace a lost, stolen or damaged carer permit

If your carer permit is lost, stolen or damaged, you can apply for a replacement permit which costs £5.

How to apply

To pay by credit or debit card, call 020 8921 4339. You'll be given a Service Request ID which you must put on the application form before sending it to us.

Download the replacement parking permit form and send it to us at the address on the form.

You must make other parking arrangements or display visitor vouchers while you wait for your replacement permit, or you could get a penalty charge notice (PCN). If you've run out of paper vouchers, you can apply for virtual visitor vouchers online.