An easy way to save and borrow
Greenwich & Bexley Credit Union offers an easy way to save money or borrow a small loan for anyone living or working in Royal Greenwich.
Members make a regular saving each week or month (minimum of £10 per month) and are eligible to take out their first loan after three months.
Loan interest is fixed at one per cent per month on the reducing balance. A loan of £500 will cost only £33 paid back over one year.
The credit union is a great way to pay for family holidays, home improvements, birthdays, weddings, or to save for a rainy day.
- an annual dividend on savings
- very low interest rates on loans
- free life insurance on savings and loans
- no hidden costs or early repayment fees
- savings fully protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.
Greenwich & Bexley Credit Union is a not-for-profit business with no external shareholders, and it operates solely for the benefit of its members and the local community. It was set up in 1998 and has since loaned nearly £20m to its members. It currently looks after more than £3.5m of local savings and has over 4,000 members.
It is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority and is supported by Royal Borough of Greenwich, Greenwich NHS and many other local organisations.
Find out more
If you would like to join Greenwich & Bexley Credit Union or find out more information, you can:
- go to the Greenwich & Bexley Credit Union website to join online or download an application form
- call in at the shop in Woolwich in person.