How to get energy funding, advice and help

The following page provides information on where you can go for advice and financial help to make your home warmer and more energy efficient and reduce your energy bills.

Simple Energy Advice

Recommendations about energy use and home improvements, endorsed by the Department for Business, Energy, and Industrial Strategy.

Find out more on the Simple Energy Advice website

Big London Energy Switch

A cooperative energy switching scheme that allows you the opportunity to see whether you can get a better deal on gas and electricity. The cooperative may get lower prices from energy suppliers because it has more purchasing power. This is available to all residents.

Sign up on the Big London Energy Switch website

Royal Borough of Greenwich Welfare Rights Service

A council service that provides benefit checks to make sure that you are not missing out on the correct benefits. This is available to all residents.

Royal Borough of Greenwich Handyperson service

The Handyperson service helps older people and people with disabilities with small jobs around the house, for example checking central heating programmes, bleeding radiators, minor plumbing jobs and hanging curtains.

Stay Warm, Stay Safe

The Stay Warm Stay Safe scheme provides a range of different services and advice to help residents manage throughout the winter months.

Minimum energy efficiency standards (MEES)

Advice for landlords on energy efficiency regulations for privately rented homes.

Royal Borough of Greenwich home improvement programme

A programme offering grants to help homeowners who need essential repairs or improvements to their homes. Homeowners who receive benefits or who are on a low income and are aged 60 or more or have a disability or long-term illness can apply for the grant.

Royal Borough of Greenwich Environmental Health

This service aims to keep private rented dwellings free from serious hazards. An environmental health officer can visit rented accommodation after a complaint or request from a tenant. They will inspect a property for 29 specific hazards, which include excess cold and damp and mould. If serious hazards are found, the Environmental Health Officer will intervene to resolve the issues in line with our enforcement policy. This is available to private rented tenants in Royal Greenwich.

Royal Borough of Greenwich housing repairs team

A service providing housing repairs and maintenance to council tenants.