Raise awareness of young people's issues
There are different channels you can use to share your views on issues affecting young people.
By joining these groups, events or forums, you can raise awareness of specific issues that affect young people, help to improve services, gain new skills and meet new people.
Children in Care Council and Care Leavers’ Forum
If you're a child or young person in our care, you can get involved in our Children in Care Council.
They help make things better for children and young people living in care by giving feedback to Corporate Parents about issues that are important to them and by working on different projects. They also have a LOT of fun and laugh a lot!
You can watch the Children in Care Council promo video here.
If you’re a care leaver, you can join our Care Leavers’ Forum, which gives ALL Greenwich care leavers a space to feedback on the services you receive and helps us make them EVEN better for you and others.
They usually meet once a month, on a weekday evening and sometimes at the weekend.
To join the Children in Care Council or Care Leavers’ Forum, or to find out more, you can speak to your social worker, personal advisor or IRO. Or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8921 6054.
Board for young people with disabilities
The Action, Change and Equality (ACE) board allows young people with disabilities to explore what’s working or not working in the services they receive. This helps to shape and improve services for disabled young people.
The ACE board does this by:
- acting as consultants for senior managers within Royal Greenwich
- lobbying to influence change in services used by children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities
- advocating for children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities
- raising awareness of the rights of children and young people with special educational need and disabilities.
Youth Hub forums
There are four youth hubs across the borough. The forums let young people discuss the youth service programme and plan projects for the local community.
Charlton Athletic Community Trust runs the Youth Hub forums in Royal Greenwich. For more information about Youth Hub forums, visit the Young Greenwich website.
Help shape services for young people - Be a Young Commissioner
Join the one year Young Commissioner programme to:
- help shape services in Royal Greenwich by
- take part in research on the difference the services make
- provide feedback on services for young people.
You'll receive training to make professional decisions on the services that young people in Royal Greenwich get.