Arts and Culture Strategic Funding
We provide strategic funding for cultural and creative organisations. This is part of the Voluntary and Community Sector Funding 2023 to 2027 - Creativity for Everyone: Building our Creative Community programme.
Grant recipients for 2023 to 2027 for this funding programme are:
- Citizens of the World Choir
- Emergency Exit Arts
- Protein Dance
- Plumcroft Home School Association
- Support the expanding arts and cultural sector in the borough. Bolster the growth of new and emerging cultural organisations across artforms. Contribute to ambitious programmes that promote the borough as a cultural destination.
- Nurture homegrown talent from all sections of our diverse communities. Provide skill sharing, development opportunities, progression routes and platforms. Highlight the exceptional talent within the borough.
- Create projects and programmes that animate our parks, high streets, and open spaces. Engage residents in the creative development and delivery process.
- Work with education partners in the borough to offer learning opportunities. Offer arts and cultural programming, routes into higher education, and career opportunities. Acknowledge the progression and achievements of students through showcase events.
- Collaborate within the arts and cultural sector. Support networks and partnerships that pool resources, skills, and knowledge. Increase the impact and ambition of projects and programmes delivered in the borough.
- Work in partnership with our diverse community groups, organisations, and centres. Broaden access, engagement, and participation in the borough’s cultural programme of events.
Service delivery providers
The following organisations deliver services on behalf of the council or provide an essential service to the council.