Certificate of regularisation

If illegal work has been carried out after 11 November 1985, the building regulations allow the Royal Borough of Greenwich's Building Control to check the work and issue a certificate of regularisation.

This isn't an alternative way of dealing with current building works.

Make an application

If you're a building owner, and want work to be regularised, you'll need to apply. The application should contain information about the illegal work and any proposed steps to make the work comply.

Download a regularisation certificate application form

After you've applied

When we've considered the application, we may need some parts of the works opened up for inspection. We can then tell you what, if anything, you have to do before we can issue the certificate.