Skip to main content

Find a room in a shared house

If you are looking for shared housing we sometimes have access to projects run by local housing associations. These include co-ops and short-life schemes.

Housing co-ops are run by a group of people who share a house and organise the way it is run among themselves. The rents are usually quite low, but you are expected to do some work for the co-op and attend regular meetings.

Short-life housing is usually for single people and accommodation involves sharing a bathroom, toilet, kitchen and lounge with other residents. Couples are sometimes accepted, but you may not get a room together.

How do I apply?

To find out more about co-ops of short-life schemes and if there are any vacancies, please contact the Housing Inclusion Service.

Contact us online

Thamesmead Shared Housing Scheme

This scheme provides independent accommodation in shared houses for single people aged 20 and over, without dependents. The houses are on the Thamesmead Estate and vary in size from three to six people sharing.

Find out more about Thamesmead Estate (Hyde Housing website)