Extra care sheltered housing
We have developed a range of extra care sheltered housing facilities as a way of meeting the housing and support needs of older people and people with disabilities.
Sometimes people have to consider making a move due to life changes or health problems.
Extra care sheltered housing offers an alternative for older people who want to live independently in the community for as long as possible.
The benefits that extra care sheltered housing can provide include:
- your own self-contained accommodation – separate living and sleeping areas with private facilities, for example a bathroom, kitchen and living area
- care and support services available 24 hours a day
- choice of social activities and the opportunity to mix with other residents if you want to
- access to Telecare, the community alarm service.
We have three schemes based at:
- Richard Neve House, Plumstead - a mixture of one and two bed flats in a refurbished existing scheme
- Lakeview Court, Thamesmead - a new development that offers a mix of one and two bed flats
- The Royal Military Academy, Woolwich - the site offers a mix of extra care sheltered housing and general needs housing.