Housing repair service

We are running a reduced housing repairs service until Wednesday 29 May due to industrial action. We will deal with emergencies as normal but may contact you to reschedule pre-booked appointments.

Let your property through the Royal Borough of Greenwich

We're looking for private sector properties to rent or lease for a minimum of three years.

We offer a competitive range of financial and other benefits as part of our scheme for landlords.

What kinds of property?

To qualify, your property should:

  • be in Royal Greenwich or surrounding areas
  • meet the Royal Greenwich Homes standard or be able to be brought up to standard with a grant.

We'll need to see documents that show:

  • your property meets our standards, including those relating to gas safety, electrical system and energy efficiency
  • you own the property and the property is insured
  • you're not in mortgage or arrears and your lender has agreed for you to let the property
  • the insurers have given permission for you to let the property.

What are the benefits of offering your property to us?

We offer a completely free lettings and support service for landlords with no fees, commission or charges.

If you lease your property to us we can offer you a guaranteed rental income and a one-off incentive payment.

Rental income

If you manage your property and accept the tenants that we have found for you we can:

  • guarantee the rental income, or
  • offer bonds equal to one month's rent for damages and one month's rent for arrears.

If you lease the property to us we can guarantee the rental income, payable quarterly in advance.

Repairs and improvement grants and services

If your property needs repairs and improvements we can offer you a grant to bring the property up to the Royal Greenwich homes standard so that it is ready for letting.

Find out more about our repairs and improvement grants and services

Advice and support

We can offer you support throughout the tenancy to help deal with any problems that may occur.

You can receive advice and support on potential ways to reduce your property's energy consumption such as insulation measures and heating upgrades.

You may be able to participate in the Royal Borough's energy efficiency programmes. This includes access to funding from energy suppliers towards the cost of upgrading your property through the Government's Green Deal and Energy Company Obligation schemes.

What we expect from our landlords

If you intend to privately rent or lease properties to the Royal Borough, you'll need to satisfy us that you are a 'fit and proper person'. This will include checks on your criminal and financial status.

If you're using an intermediary, such as a managing agent, we'll need to be satisfied that the agent is 'fit and proper'.

Let us know you're interested

To express an interest in the Royal Greenwich Landlord Scheme, complete the online form.

Express an interest in the Landlord Scheme

Available schemes

The different schemes mean you can choose whether you want to continue to manage your property, or hand the responsibility over to us.

Leasing scheme

Under the leasing scheme, you lease your property to the Royal Borough of Greenwich for a period of three to five years, and let us bear the risk and effort of finding tenants and managing the letting.

Leasing scheme - more information and application form

Lettings scheme - HACTRAC

Under the lettings schemes the Royal Borough of Greenwich finds tenants to rent your property, but you manage the letting yourself or through an agent.

We work with families or single people who need help with finding a home in the private sector.

This scheme applies to houses in multiple occupation (HMO) properties and self-contained flats and houses.

The rent that you charge must be at or within the Local Housing Allowance (LHA). We make sure that our tenants who receive LHA agree to it being paid directly to landlords at the beginning of a tenancy and help landlords to set this up

Lease your property to a housing association

If you have an empty property that you would like to lease to a tenant, Notting Hill Housing offer a leasing and management service for private landlords.

Find more information on the Notting Hill Housing website