Skip to main content

Paying your council housing charges with a payment card or by post

Residents can pay council housing charges using a payment card which are accepted at named outlets around Royal Greenwich.

Where can I pay?

Payment cards can be used at 110 payment outlets across Royal Greenwich.

These outlets include:

  • 70 PayPoint outlets, which take payments in cash
  • 40 post office counters, which take payments by cash, cheque or debit card. If paying by cheque at the post office, the cheque must be made payable to 'Post Office Counters Ltd.'

How does the payment card work?

Take your payment card to your chosen outlet along with your payment.

The cashier will swipe your card to obtain your account details. Your card will then be returned to you along with a receipt. You should keep your receipt in case you have any queries about your account.

Payment is transferred into your council housing charges account within two working days.

How do I get a payment card?

If you haven't got a payment card and would like to request one, or if you have any questions about the cards, please call 020 8921 6442.

Paying by post

Cheques and postal orders should be made payable to 'Royal Borough of Greenwich' and crossed 'A/C payee only'. Please remember to write your council housing charges reference number on the back of your cheque.

Cheques should be sent to the Royal Borough of Greenwich Housing department.

Do not send cash through the post.