Skip to main content

Joint tenancies

If you want to share your tenancy with your partner, civil partner or spouse, you can apply for a joint tenancy. To do this you should contact our housing services team.

Joint tenancies are not normally agreed if:

  • you have rent arrears
  • you have broken your tenancy agreement
  • your partner has been living at your property for less than a year.

We might carry out a check on any previous tenancies held by your partner, civil partner or spouse.

We usually only agree joint tenancies between spouses or civil partners.