The Unauthorised Occupation Team

The Royal Borough of Greenwich will not tolerate our properties being occupied by anyone other than the rightful tenant.

The Unauthorised Occupation Team has been set up to investigate and take action on cases where there is reason to believe the legitimate tenant is not occupying a property. 

What to report

  • Do you suspect that a council property has been sub-let?
  • Do you have any information that suggests that someone has obtained a tenancy that they were not entitled to?
  • Have your neighbours moved out recently or, do your neighbours change more frequently than would be considered reasonable?
  • Do you know of anyone that has moved in with a partner and let their home to someone else?
  • Has someone you know relocated due to work and started letting out their home?
  • Do you know anyone who has gained a tenancy by supplying false information?

If the answer to any of the above is yes, you can report it to the Royal Borough's Unauthorised Occupation Team.

What happens to my report?

Once a report of alleged sub-letting is received, the Unauthorised Occupation team will begin an investigation using modern techniques and information from third parties and outside agencies.

How to report

If you suspect that a council property is being sub-let you can report it, anonymously if you prefer, directly to the Unauthorised Occupation Team or using the Whistleblower Helpline. All information received will be treated confidentially.

Report unauthorised occupation online