What you can expect from the builders
Below you can find out what to expect from the builders who are working in your area.
The builders will:
- give you reasonable notice of when the work will be carried out to your home
- introduce themselves to you and show you proof of their identity
- explain the work they wish to carry out
- carry out the work between 8am and 6pm on weekdays only, except in cases of emergency or by special arrangement
- be polite and respectful to you at all times
- be considerate and careful with your belongings, protecting furnishings and floor coverings from damage
- leave your home as they find it and make good any damage that may occur
- keep your home secure.
- not play radios or smoke in your home.
At the end of each working day the builders will:
- clean up any mess they make
- take away all rubbish, tools and secure any materials that have to remain
- dispose of any harmful materials safely
- leave you with working services, for example water, power, fuel and telephones. If this is not possible, they must provide a reasonable alternative for you.
Helping the builders
To help the builders carry out their work, please make sure that you:
- keep any appointments the builders made with you, or give them 24 hours notice if you have to cancel
- remove your personal belongings from the work area before the builders arrive
- ensure that your children do not play near the work area
- do not leave children under 16 unsupervised while the builders are working in your home.
When the works are complete, the project manager will arrange an appointment to call and carry out an inspection to make sure work has been carried out to the correct standard.