Insurance for leaseholders

If you are a council leaseholder, the Royal Borough of Greenwich insures your building and you pay for this insurance in your annual service charge.

It is a condition of your lease that we arrange buildings insurance cover, so you cannot arrange your own cover.

This policy does not cover the contents of your home - you are responsible for taking out contents insurance.

What is covered?

Your home is insured on a full reinstatement basis. This means that if your home is destroyed, the insurance will cover the fees and costs of rebuilding your home.

You must give us notice when your home is going to be empty for more than 30 days.

For new claims, view the leaseholder insurance policy summary and details 2024 to 2025.

For details of the previous leaseholder building insurance policy, view the leaseholder insurance policy summary 2023 to 2024.

How to claim

View the policy and report your claim for 2024 to 2025