Could you be a community champion?
We're looking for people from existing community groups who wish to attend Better Together to represent and feedback to your group.
As a community champion you only have to help as much as you can and what you do will depend on what is happening in your neighbourhood and what your interests are.
This could include:
- Sharing meeting information with your community
- Promoting useful services to your group
- Encouraging and assisting people to take part in resident surveys
- Helping to organise/promote local community events
The work can be fun and rewarding and a great way to meet more people in your neighbourhood. In return for your time, we will offer our community champions an accredited training course at London South East Colleges or City Lit.
When you first join the programme we will work with you to identify your interests or training needs either to help you in your role as a community champion or to further develop your skills for the future.
Example courses are:
- Skills for volunteering
- Computer skills - Word
- Introduction to social media for business
- Costume making
- Introduction to teaching assistant teaching
- ESOL Skills for life - reading and writing
- Make a digital animation
For more information and to sign up contact firstname.lastname@example.org