Skip to main content

How to complain about us as a Landlord

If you're not happy with a service we've provided, the first thing you should do is contact a member of the team in the service.  We can often put the problem right without the need to follow the formal complaints procedure.

You can make a complaint about us as your landlord if you’re not satisfied with:

  • The standard of service you’ve been given
  • Actions we or those acting on our behalf have or have not taken

If you are contacting us about something else, for example, to request a repair, or report a neighbour nuisance, we will send it to the relevant team and we will not treat this as a complaint.

How to complain

The quickest way to make a complaint is by using our online form. It’s important you let us know how the problem has affected you and how you’d like us to put things right.

Please provide us with a phone number in case we need to clarify the details of your complaint.

Make a complaint

You can also make a complaint by emailing, calling or writing to us:


Tel: 020 8854 8888

Housing and Safer Communities Complaints
Floor 4
The Woolwich Centre
35 Wellington Street
SE18 6HQ

How we will handle your complaint

We will acknowledge your complaint within five working days. We have a two-stage complaint process:

  • Stage one: we will investigate your complaint and respond to you within 10 working days
  • Stage two: we you let us know you are not happy with our response, we will review your complaint at a more senior level and respond to you within 20 working days.

Read our Housing Complaints Policy.

If we cannot resolve your complaint

If we cannot resolve your complaint at stage two of our complaints process, you can ask the Housing Ombudsman Service for a review. They are independent, impartial and free.

The Housing Ombudsman Service can be contacted at:


Tel: 0300 111 3000

Housing Ombudsman Service
PO Box 152
L33 7WQ

You can also visit the Housing Ombudsman website for more information.