Benefits of working for us
As the home of the Prime Meridian Line, Greenwich Mean Time and a Unesco World Heritage Site, Royal Greenwich was named as the first new Royal Borough for more than 80 years.
Royal Greenwich is a great place to live and work, with the main Council offices based in the heart of Woolwich.
Benefitting from excellent transport links ranging from buses and tubes to trains and ferries, along with future Crossrail extensions, Royal Greenwich is one of the easiest boroughs to get to. It takes 21 minutes to get into central London from Woolwich, and 10 minutes to reach The O2.
There are a range of benefits available to staff including:
- up to 31 days leave per year
- a range of flexible working arrangements
- excellent pension scheme
- learning and development opportunities to maximise your potential
- annual season ticket loan
- cycle to work scheme
- payroll giving
- Greenwich One Card which entitles you to discounts at local businesses
- discounted health and fitness membership.
Staff support networks
The Royal Borough has an ongoing commitment to supporting staff and ensuring equality and diversity in the workplace.
Staff networks and forums have been established to support and encourage networking between staff with shared interests.
There are five networks:
- Disability Forum
- Greenwich Young Professional's Network
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Forum
- Mental Health and Wellbeing Network
- Race Equality Network.
Employees can also join one of the recognised trade unions.
How to apply for a job
Appointments are made on merit, based on fair and open competition. Applicants are appointed on the basis of their experience, knowledge, skills and ability required for each vacancy, ensuring the best person is selected for the job.