Become a foster carer and change a child's life
Congratulations on taking the first step into fostering with the Royal Borough of Greenwich. Foster carers play a huge role in helping shape the future of young people in care.
We urgently need more foster carers to provide children and young people with a safe and caring home while they are unable to live with their own families.
We offer amazing training and competitive allowances to all our carers.
To find out more about fostering, call our friendly team on 0800 052 1499.
Why foster with the Royal Borough of Greenwich?
When you foster with the Royal Borough of Greenwich you are not just providing a safe and stable home for a child, you are joining our supportive community of valued foster families. We offer all our foster families:
- 24 hour support
- A generous, competitve allowance
- Excellent ongoing training and mentoring
- Regular visits and contact with your supervising social worker
- A variety of support groups and a counselling service
- Membership to The Fostering Network & Greenwich Foster Carers Association
- A Fostering Support Task Group
- Annual events for foster carers
- The Mockingbird Family Programme
- Applying to be a foster carer
- Who can foster
- Different ways you can foster
- Fostering information events
- Arranging for a child to live with family or friends
- Fostering support and financial help
- Private fostering
- Fostering Statement of Purpose
- Lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) foster carers
- The Mockingbird Family Model
- Foster carer's experiences