Get an extra boost to see you through winter
With winter fast approaching and seasonal stresses and strains, it’s a good time of the year to get an extra boost to see you through the months ahead.
Getting the COVID-19 booster can help you maintain high levels of protection against hospitalisation, severe illness or dying. It’s also a key way to reduce the strain on the NHS.
Analysis by the UK Health Security Agency shows that people who take up the offer of a booster vaccine increase their protection against symptomatic COVID-19 infection to over 90%.
Vaccines work and are the best way to protect yourself and your loved ones.
Please get vaccinated and join the pre-Christmas COVID-19 fight.
Who can get the booster
All adults over 18 can now get a booster.
A booster is an extra dose to help people who have been double-jabbed keep their immunity to COVID-19, particularly when it reduces over time for older adults and at-risk groups.
How to get your booster
You can get your booster by:
You might also be contacted by your GP about your booster jab if you :
- live and work in care homes
- a frontline health or social care worker
- aged 16 and over with a health condition that puts you at high risk of getting seriously ill from COVID-19
- aged 16 and over and are a main carer for someone at high risk from COVID-19
- aged 16 and over who lives with someone who is more likely to get infections (such as someone who has HIV, has had a transplant or is having certain treatments for cancer, lupus or rheumatoid arthritis).