Join our network
About 25% of the borough's total emissions come from the council's offices, vehicles and housing, so we need everyone's help to step up to the carbon neutral challenge. Everyone can make a difference and together we can tackle the climate crisis.
If you’d like to get involved, sign up to our Climate Emergency Network.
We’re currently setting up the Network and putting together relevant information to share with you shortly. Once it’s set up you’ll get information about what you can do to reduce your carbon emissions. We’ll send you updates about what steps we are taking, and give you the opportunity to do your bit for Royal Greenwich.
We particularly want to hear from:
- local groups
- religious leaders
- business owners
We can all make changes that will help us reduce our emissions. Research shows that the 3 most important things you can do are:
- take public transport, walk or cycle instead of driving. If you need to drive sometimes, consider joining a car club
- switch to a plant-based diet or eat less meat and dairy
- avoid air travel wherever possible
Other important things you can do:
- reduce your energy usage - and your bills
- respect and protect green spaces
- invest your money responsibly
- cut consumption – and waste
- talk about the changes you make
- make your voice heard by those in power