Public auctions

You must get a licence from The Royal Borough of Greenwich to use a premises for a public auction.

The only exception to this is if the auction is a one-day charity event. In this case, you'll need to provide proof of charity status.

How to get a licence

In the first instance, contact the Licensing team. We'll give you the price of the licence upon application.

We'll need to know more details about the premises that will be used for the auction.

Please note - We reserve the right to set out conditions in the licence, relating to matters such as public safety, fire prevention and lighting.