When you need a permit
You need a prize gaming permit to hold gaming with prizes on your premises unless your premises is already an authorised premises for prize gaming.
Prize gaming is gaming where the organiser puts up the prizes in advance, as distinct from gaming where the stakes of the participants make up the winnings. A typical example is bingo played at seaside amusement arcades.
Authorised premises for prize gaming
The following premises are authorised to offer prize gaming (subject to certain conditions):
- holders of adult gaming centre premises licences
- holders of family entertainment centre premises licences
- holders of family entertainment centre gaming machine permits
- travelling fairs
- bingo halls.
How to get a permit
Contact the Licensing team.
Please note that:
- You must be aged 18 or over and the person who occupies the premises
- You can't be the holder of a club gaming permit or a premises licence.